The Hall of Truth

Cauldron of Lies
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:27 am 
Administrator

Voting ended at midnight, Ems won by 1 point.

Would you rather just take the close-call victory or would you prefer to have a sudden-death round?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:24 pm 

Lyarnos wrote:
Brett wrote:
Lyarnos wrote:
*snip*

The best part is I was being sarcastic anyway Ly. Nice job totally missing the fact that since the day I came here I've been generally a sarcastic sonuva bitch that likes to make things hard on everyone. By the way, my optometrist said the only way to make my eyes better was to get a monocle, so thanks for being totally insensitive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:11 pm 

Sorry Jer, the last one was me.

Meant to hit the quote button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:22 pm 

If you're still accepting votes...

I vote Sephy, It was kinda creative.

Ems' just didn't make me laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:28 pm 

Brett wrote:
*snips as well*

And if you didn't notice, I was totally picking on you. Way to pick up sarcasm yourself. I added a smiley to the end to help you work it out, since you're having trouble. :mrgreen:

And I know it's Ems' call, but I'm all for doing this over again. It kind of got fucked up, and a legitimate win without all of the shenanigans would be nice. (Even if this was fun.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:43 pm 

We don't have a voting this awesome very often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:55 pm 

hmm, I think Sephy definitely proved the point he said before the first round that he was going to prove: The whole Forum Voting is a terrible idea, cause the general public obviously doesn't know how to judge what's funny, and are too easily swayed to vote for stupidity(no offense Sephy but Ems should have received like 90% of the votes).

I'd just like to reiterate that I'd prefer the judging of the future contests be returned to who ever it was that was judging them originally before everyone was allowed to vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:03 pm 

People choose what they like T-bard.

And <blink>NEWS FLASH</blink> just because you find it funny does not mean everyone does. People have their own tastes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:05 pm 

This is true. And y'know, now that i really think about it Sephy's looks like a product of too much sugar, Megaman, and Final Fantasy, it is kinda hilariously ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:31 pm 

Thungbard, you're in no position to criticize someone's choice of votes. I did vote for Sephy, and, really, I DID do it because of humor. But you do have to realize, that nobody really cares that this is a humor contest. People will vote for whoever they want, you can't change that. If the reason they give has to be based on humor, they'll make something up.

I really don't care who wins anymore, just for retarded people who think that people should vote only the way they want them to to shut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:32 pm 

This reminds me of whatever that story is where the emperor walks around buck naked cause everyone is too stupid to admit they don't see his clothes, except in this case there's no emperor, Sephy's the guy who made the "invisible clothes" and passed it off as supposed to be a funny comic, half the forum is the pile of weirdo's that somehow lost their minds and where tricked into believing it was a funny comic or are just too spineless to admit Sephy's comic is total crap, sure neither of them had me rolling on the floor rubbing myself but at least in Ems I could see what was supposed to be funny unlike Sephy's. Case in Point:

TomAto originally seeing Ems comic wrote:
Oh god, Ems, I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl. Thank you.

TomAto later wrote:
I'm revoting, and I'm voting for Sephy, as he has enlightened me on the true meaning of his comic and it's quite teh funneh.

I'm not sure about the rest of you but I wouldn't mind being enlightened myself if someone would take the time to explain to me why it's "teh funneh" I would much appreciate it. Well someone other than Ly, cause I see her point, but not the point of the throng whose only reason for voting for it was something retarded like "It touched my soul". Oh well, it really makes little difference to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:37 pm 

Landorin wrote:
But you do have to realize, that nobody really cares that this is a humor contest. People will vote for whoever they want, you can't change that. If the reason they give has to be based on humor, they'll make something up.

I really don't care who wins anymore, just for retarded people who think that people should vote only the way they want them to to shut up.
Congrats you just paraphrased Sephy from like way back in January when he said, don't let everyone vote because they'll change this into a popularity contest instead of a humour contest

I don't care who wins either, nor do I care how or who people vote for, I'm just saying Sephy was 100% right, and has proved his point.

Last edited by Thungbard on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:38 pm 

If people aren't going to care that this is a humor contest, then people don't need to be voting.

"PG is now officially my second favorite comic on DSP." -Sephy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:28 pm 

Drshnaps2000 wrote:
Would you rather just take the close-call victory or would you prefer to have a sudden-death round?

Umm... what would a sudden-death round entail? I'd rather not just stick with the results of this round because there was too much drama over the way people voted... but if everyone is allowed to vote during the sudden death round as well, the results/drama will probably repeated because Sephy and I have pretty different senses of humor.

Anyway, if sudden-death means we get a set panel of judges (most likely forum staff), I'm all for it. But if it's just going to be another round of public voting, I'll take the results from this round.

That damned elusive Pimpernel!

My locker</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:30 pm 
Administrator

Drshnaps2000 wrote:
Voting ended at midnight, Ems won by 1 point.

Whoa whoa, did somebody change my post? I know I posted something similar to that, but that is not exactly what I said by far. What the hell?

Anyways, Sudden Death pretty much means I only give you guys three days to make a comic instead of a week, and I and a couple other people choose the winner.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next