The Hall of Truth

Cauldron of Lies
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:26 pm 
Administrator

I'm not fucking cheating anybody! Tigt didn't give a reason and Thiefboy's only reason was that Sephy had less votes than Ems, which doesn't qualify as a reason, so they don't count. I'm using the exact same fucking standards I've used in all the compos, so stop your fucking bitching!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:35 pm 

Tigt said "I get it". Thiefboy said he liked it. What of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:37 pm 

I'm voting for Ems, and aren't giving a real reason, just I get Ems, and I don't get Sephy's.

Woohoo, I cancel Tigt out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:41 pm 
Administrator

Ooooooh ... I misunderstood what Tigt was saying. Um ... it's not really much of a reason, but for argument's sake I guess I'll count it. I'm still not counting Thiefboy's though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:50 pm 

I vote [font=Courier New]SEPHY [/font]

Because he told me to, and I am his whore. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:52 pm 
Administrator

Okay, that one TOTALLY doesn't count, and I don't even need to say why, do I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:55 pm 

Drshnaps2000 wrote:
Okay, that one TOTALLY doesn't count. And I don't even need to say why, do I?

WHAT?! That one should totally count by 10 votes! Maybe 100!

You're just mad your sister finds me a sexy beast. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:15 pm 

He promised me cunnilingus for voting. Hasn't paid up yet though, the bastard.

Is this thread going anywhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:30 pm 

No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:16 am 

Cool.

Okay, so here's my real reason: Ems' was okay. It was slightly amusing, didn't really make me laugh, but wasn't so awful that it made me want the punch my computer screen in a fit of rage. Then my hand would be broken, my computer unusable and none of us would be having any fun. Except maybe you guys because you're not me and would still have a proper tool for communication... but I digress. It didn't happen, let's not worry about it. Ems' comic wasn't an upper, but it wasn't a downer either and that's fine. If gags about Yoshi eggs get your goat that's cool. Each to his or her own.

Sephy's is ARTWORK, yes I concede to that. Whine about it if you will, but there's really no other way to describe it. Not necessarily art in the way it looks but in the way it feels, and it's really just funny as hell.
There's a strong resemblance between Seph's comic and a David Lynch comic called The Angriest Dog in The World that was published in the L.A. Reader for almost a decade before dying out in 1992. Basically the strip was just the same four panels of a sleeping dog repeated every week with a different text bubble: things like "Green wood shrinks" and "It must be clear even to the non-mathematician that the things in this world just don't add up to beans." Just that. Sleeping dog. Text bubble.
So, at first you're just looking at this thing, and you're thinking, "What the hell...?" And then you look at it again. And then again. And after a while, it just becomes so ridiculously absurd that you're fighting back tears of laughter, and even a single glance at the thing makes you collapse on the floor in a fit of hysterical giggles.

I don't even know if that was Sephy's original intention, and frankly I don't care. Yeah, it might make me the resident oddball, but Sephy's comic makes me laugh. Ems' doesn't. Sephy gets my vote, the end.

Hope that's legitimate enough for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:11 am 

I'm gonna vote Ems.

Sephy's was pretty, but if there was supposed to be any humor in it I couldn't find it. Ems' was at least moderatly funny, and I like funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:18 am 

Lyarnos wrote:
Cool.

Sephy's is ARTWORK ...

Last time I checked, it's a comic contest, not an art contest, if Sephy wanted to win a pixel art contest, I could see that being a mostly valid entry, but this is about as coherent as a drunk hooker on a street corner, which I'm guessing is about has coherent as Sephy is used to. Secondly, Lyarnos, that's got to be the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen sprawled across my computer monitor. [sarcasm] I thank you for defiling it [/sarcasm]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:00 am 

Actually, seeing a legitimate reason from Ly made me feel a lot better about this whole compo thing, because I understand what she's getting at (and hopefully, what a lot of the other people who voted Sephy are getting at). Thank you. <3

That damned elusive Pimpernel!

My locker</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:47 am 

wtf???
I didn't vote for sephy only because he had not enough votes,
I also tried to get more points and..
I REALLY LIKED IT DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:17 am 

Brett wrote:
Lyarnos wrote:
Cool.

Sephy's is ARTWORK ...

Last time I checked, it's a comic contest, not an art contest, if Sephy wanted to win a pixel art contest, I could see that being a mostly valid entry, but this is about as coherent as a drunk hooker on a street corner, which I'm guessing is about has coherent as Sephy is used to. Secondly, Lyarnos, that's got to be the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen sprawled across my computer monitor. [sarcasm] I thank you for defiling it [/sarcasm]

Taken out of context.

I said it's artwork, and immediately afterwards were the words, "I concede to that". Meaning fine, I admit it's more of an art piece than a straight out sprite comic, but it still works. Nice work paying attention, cowboy. You might want to talk to your optometrist about trading in for a new pair of eyes; sounds like it's about time for your upgrade. :mrgreen:

The funniest part was that I wasn't bullshitting--that's REALLY the way it made me feel. Unless you mean it's bullshit that Ems' isn't funny... but I'm still not lying. Sorry Ems; I love you but that just didn't work for me.

Last edited by Lyarnos on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next