The Real You!

A hand-curated selection of the best threads from a long forgotten past.

Moderator: Moderators

Tigt
Pave the Moon - Webmaster

Re: The Real You!

Post by Tigt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:56 pm

He looks like Winston Churchill, but then again, all babies do.

Lyarnos

Post by Lyarnos » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:59 pm

I hear babies leak a lot.

Congratulations!
"Just remember this: all agents defect and all resisters sell out. That's the sad truth, Bill... and a writer? A writer
lives the sad truth like anyone else. The only difference is he files a report on it." ~Naked Lunch

Tyjet

Post by Tyjet » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 am

Congratulations on the baby!
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Sephy

Post by Sephy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm

whoa holy shit

Congrats!
    _, ,_ ∩
  ( ゚∀゚)彡 えーりん!えーりん!  
   ⊂彡

Sephy

Post by Sephy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm

whoa holy shit

Congrats!
    _, ,_ ∩
  ( ゚∀゚)彡 えーりん!えーりん!  
   ⊂彡

DarkOverord

Post by DarkOverord » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:28 pm

omg that's so adorable and is making me act all gay due to how adorable it is <3

Now I need to go be manly...

D'awww <3 Congratulations!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Firebird

Post by Firebird » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:07 am

Wow, congratulations!
ImageImage

Angel Keeper

Post by Angel Keeper » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:30 am

There is no way you've got a baby aaaaa GREAT JOB! Now you simple need to raise him and we will all be able to go home happy.

Mirari Irarim

Post by Mirari Irarim » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks y'all. He actually was a complete and total surprise. I can never make fun of the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" ever again. Lucked out by never getting morning sickness, though that would have given me a clue. A few good things came about by not knowing about him before he decided to make his debut was avoiding all the pregnancy crap like people wanting to touch your belly and giving you unsolicited advice and general baby crap. And yes, he does leak a lot. I don't know how he can pee and have it come out of the back of his diaper.

Lyarnos

Post by Lyarnos » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:12 pm

How long were you into your pregnancy before you figured it out? It wasn't literally "day of" was it?
"Just remember this: all agents defect and all resisters sell out. That's the sad truth, Bill... and a writer? A writer
lives the sad truth like anyone else. The only difference is he files a report on it." ~Naked Lunch

Mirari Irarim

Post by Mirari Irarim » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 am

Unfortunately, it was. I hate to admit that because it sounds really implausible, but that's how it happened. I was actually driving a semi truck literally the day before since I was in the middle of getting my CDL. I had no symptoms whatsoever other than heartburn (which runs in my dad's family) and weight gain (which I just chalked up to all the stress I'd been under the past year with major problems with my boyfriend). And I was on birth control to boot. If I would have known, I would have had pain killers. Oh god yes. As it was, I got to the hospital at noon and had Toby less than two hours later. He was born one month to the day that Suni and I decided to call it quits. That was just weird karma crap. I hadn't talked to him in a month and had to call him with that news. I just can't be rid of him.

Lyarnos

Post by Lyarnos » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow. I don't mean to sound flippant about it, but that sounds like a bit of a mess. Exes are complicated enough at the best of times without adding a baby into the equation, I certainly hope he's the type that can be reasonable about whatever sort of arrangements you're making. Birth control seems insanely unreliable at best, I have another girlfriend who has been taking birth control for some time and just recently discovered that she's six weeks preg.

You really deserve a pat on the back yourself though; especially considering that you just suddenly had a freaking baby out of nowhere, you seem to be taking this all in pretty good stride. I would be tearing my hair out and bawling in frustration if anything near this had happened to me. Crazy, woman.

Zall

Post by Zall » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Don't forget to feed him a normal baby diet of three jars of pure caramel a day.

Mirari Irarim

Post by Mirari Irarim » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 pm

I had just gotten to the point where I was totally cool with never seeing or talking to Suni again, and then this. Awkwardness abounds. We don't hate each other. We actually agreed that we still love each other, but being together wasn't working out right now. All told, our break up was mostly mutual at the time. Though now he's having second thoughts since finding out that a lot of his problems with me was apparently due to me being pregnant and us not knowing it. My problems with him haven't changed, so there's little chance of us getting back together any time soon unless he shapes up. I'm not holding my breath. =D

I have had my share of breakdowns and I am sure there will be more to come. The was I see it is that he is here and there's nothing I can do about it so it's either enjoy it or be depressed. I've been through the whole depression thing and would rather not go back there. However, I never wanted a kid in the first place, so that makes things hard. I just couldn't picture myself as a mom, still can't truthfully. My family and Suni's family are also a big part of why I'm pretty okay with all this. They've all been more than great. I couldn't ask for a better support system. <3

Dagnabbit, Zall. Why couldn't you have told me that sooner? I've been giving him chocolate syrup for two weeks now.

Lyarnos

Post by Lyarnos » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Chocolate syrup over caramel is still fine, it just changes which element he becomes when he evolves. Zall's a little biased is all.