DSP Minecraft Server

You can talk about things here.

Moderator: Moderators

Drshnaps
Administrator

DSP Minecraft Server

Post by Drshnaps » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:38 pm

I'll move this to the Online Gaming section eventually but I want to put it here to make sure it's seen first.

We have our own Alpha Minecraft server now. If you have a paid account you can join in. If you don't have a paid account, I suggest you hurry up and buy one while it's still super cheap.

To join, use the regular Minecraft.exe and choose Multiplayer mode. When it asks for an IP for the server, instead of an IP input "irc.drshnaps.com".

That is all for now. Information on projects and stuff coming soon.

The Mutericator

Re: DSP Minecraft Server

Post by The Mutericator » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:07 am

To whoever dug the REALLY LONG straight tunnel: near the very beginning, I've added a path to the cave I discovered, which I believe to be a link to the Underdark. The areas I've explored are filled with torches, and I have a habit of using my cobblestone to fill in spots in the walls where I've mined out supplies or where creepers exploded.

At the beginning of the Underdark, there's a supply crate and forging box. I've dropped my entire inventory, including a metric fuckton* of coal, almost a fair bit* of smelted iron bars, three iron picks, some swords, and some miscellaneous stuff. Feel free to take and use any of it. I've gone pretty deep into the Underdark, but I'm not sure I hit all of it. For those curious, walk straight back into the cave until you hit the waterfall, then hug the wall of sand around to your right, then simply follow the torches. I don't take any blame if you get lost, though...

* measured in the New Mutericator Standard as 128 units.
** measured in the New Mutericator Standard as 32 units.
// -mw

Tigt
Pave the Moon - Webmaster

Post by Tigt » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:50 am

The gigantic column is the support strut for my eventual airship (making ladders now), and you should be able to see the beginning of the roller coaster (that a fucking creeper blew up).

EDIT: Nevermind apparently the server starts in a different place now?? Or something.

The Mutericator

Post by The Mutericator » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Dunno, but all take note: health isn't working, so you're all invincible, and so are the enemies. The only way to kill them are a) let the creepers blow up, preferably away from whatever you're building or b) get them into sunlight to light them on fire.

EDIT: Not sure what happened, but I totally just glitched through the world or something and can't move. Which sucks because I had like 13 iron and 2 gold blocks on me when it happened. I'm taking constant damage, but that doesn't matter because health is broken... ugh.
// -mw

Sephy

Post by Sephy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Just try typing /home, it'll teleport you back.

Also is health supposed to be broken in the current alpha or is it something I have to enable?
[table=0,0][tr][td=#FF1234]    _, ,_ ∩
  ( ゚∀゚)彡 えーりん!えーりん!  
   ⊂彡[/td][/tr][/table]

Tyjet

Post by Tyjet » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:43 pm

I've heard a lot of great things about this game. Maybe I should pick it up.
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Austin Schnitzel

Post by Austin Schnitzel » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Being a fan of Dwarf Fortress-based stories but never able to do much of anything with it myself, I will consider purchasing this oddball worldsim. But not right now.

The Mutericator

Post by The Mutericator » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Sephy wrote:Just try typing /home, it'll teleport you back.

Also is health supposed to be broken in the current alpha or is it something I have to enable?
Duly noted, thanks. Health simply hasn't been implemented yet.
// -mw

The Mutericator

Post by The Mutericator » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 am

To whomever removed the waterfall from the entrance room of the Underdark: please don't do that again. Waterfalls are really cool, and once they're gone, they're gone for good. So feel free to block in the water once it's hit the ground, but please don't just kill the actual water spawn.
// -mw

Tigt

Post by Tigt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:54 am

If for some reason all of the forges are burning sand, that's probably me making glass.

Castle Dong Status: 12%

The Mutericator

Post by The Mutericator » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:09 pm

I am claiming the spire just to the north of Tigt's and Jer's castles. That is, if you're standing in Tigt's area and facing Jer's, it's to the right. Right next to Keeirby's fortress, but a little more northeast.
// -mw

Tigt

Post by Tigt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

When carts get working we need to make a comprehensive railway. Boosters, right?

Kojiro

Post by Kojiro » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:55 pm

If you explore around a bit you might notice a giant "floating" platform. I am in the process of building a floating island (because I want a large one, which the game never makes, and because I want it over the ocean, which likewise never happens). It's currently really ugly but eventually it might be made into something decent. Maybe. Edit: Destroyed that and moved it further west, now it's just a pillar at the moment though. Either way don't mess with it please.

Also, because I frequently get bored with my own projects, feel free to ask me for help with your stuff if you ever see me on. There's a reasonable chance I'll come over and help you.

Zall

Post by Zall » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:17 pm

This is actually fun?

The Mutericator

Post by The Mutericator » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Ridiculously. Today I got tired of trying to decide what to do with Muterimount, and found a hidden spot to dig down. I ended up finding a TON of lavafalls, waterfalls, and eventually MANAGED TO CONNECT IT TO THE UNDERDARK by pure chance. Apparently there was an entire huge area I missed that was above one of the water stream's end.

Also, whoever dug STRAIGHT DOWN into the caves, dug STRAIGHT DOWN again, and then used /home to bail: please don't do that. Something about Jer's castle causes null pointer exceptions in Java, and that means following your route forces me to disconnect, quit the program, and then connect back in again. Not fun. Not to mention it destroys the whole natural cavern look and feel.

ALSO

TO THE THIEF THAT TOOK THE 8 GOLD BARS FROM MY SMELTER. WHAT THE FUCK. SERIOUSLY? GIVE THAT SHIT BACK.
// -mw