The Hall of Truth

Cauldron of Lies
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I'm making like a baby
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:16 pm 

and heading out.

I found http://www.drshnaps.com after a couple of weeks surfing through the webcomics part of the internet when I was eleven years old. I suppose it was the hilarious, boundary-pushing humor; Tails eating shrooms (Shnaps), Link getting kicked in the balls as the punchline (Shnaps), or Shnaps raping Sonic and Kirby (Sephy). In sixth grade, this was funnier and more cutting-edge than Monty Python and the Marx Bros. combined. So I joined the forums.

I signed up using the name of my character from what was basically a local LARPing program for kids that I had done for years; the name Zallastris is actually from 1999, when I made him up in first grade. (For the record, Zall was a fuckin' badass Battlemage slash Shapeshifter. And a snake-person. I have no idea why I was all "lol dark link lol".) I was and still am a kid who struggled in public schools, and preferred to just escape into imaginationland so I wouldn't have to deal with things like girls, other people, homework, etc. But anyway, I signed up. And I was so fucking in love with this place, you have no idea. It's why I'm the second top poster; I literally could not stop posting and talking with this group of kids who were the friends I couldn't find at my school, who were actually interested in stupid shit like video games and comic books and stuff. I was actually really unhappy throughout middle school; I was trying multiple ADD medications and generally hating myself, so the internet became my escape. Thanks for that by the way.

Anyway, I'm going to college in Boston in about two weeks. That, and the steadily decreasing number of people who actually come on here anymore felt like a good time to break off from here. I know that's a weird thing to say, seeing as I haven't been on here in about a month, but... It's been seven years, holy shit since I joined this site, and that's not even as long as some other members. I don't believe in 'steps' or 'phases' of life or stupid shit like that, but I didn't want to leave here by just stepping out. I like goodbyes. They're classy.

I'd like to thank:

KG, for making fun of/trolling smaller, more sensitive, and not humor-aware me. I think you made me cry when I was 12.

Sephy, for making fun of me and yelling at me to JUST FUCKING GOOGLE IT. I only wanted to talk to you, Miguel. XOXO <3
Oh yeah, and for fucking with people. Always a noble cause.

Jer, for making this site.

Ly, for... just being, really. You're like the coolest person I've never met. I really hope that you get a job writing reviews (or hey, movies) someday, because you're so goddamn good at it. Your reviews are fun, funny, interesting even when I have no intention of ever seeing the movie, and often personal. They're great. I hope you get what you deserve, which is a lot more than cleaning up the shit that people smear on the walls of bathrooms.

Ajax, for being my e-friend and a glorious fuck-up.

Niro/Citronella/UncleTom/Emmett, for giving a shit, even when it was about stuff that didn't really matter.

Dan for being my e-friend. Get some looser pants.

Tigt for making some amazing drawings.

Nanoko for arguing and talking to me about music. You're actually really cool, man.

Trista for supposedly having some A-grade D-cups.

Everyone who signed up on these forums and had relationships with each other. In a disconnected, internet way, we kind of grew up together. You were each a small part of my childhood life, and I was a small part of yours.

Everyone who told me I look 12. I have facial hairs now.

Jesus was black, there is no devil, and the government is always lying to you.

l8r.

- Ian

PS. I fully expect one or more of you fuckers to completely devalue this post with a concise, sarcastic response.

Last edited by Zall on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:27 pm 

Spoiler: Concise, sarcastic response
l8r.

While I can't honestly say that I got to know you too well, I can say that you gave this place a certain spice. I wish you the best in life, Ian. Goodbye.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:33 pm 

Bitch I will make you cry NOW.

You've said a lot of things I've thought myself, and it's been a pleasant experience, overall. We'll see you again, I'm sure, so it's not goodbye as much as See you later.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:10 pm 
Pave the Moon - Webmaster

I would be sad or something here, but I thought the topic title was Zall saying "oh god guys I got a girl pregnant now what happens."

EDIT:
Quote:
PS. I fully expect one or more of you fuckers to completely devalue this post with a concise, sarcastic response.

DAMMIT

Last edited by Tigt on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm 

I only signed in to comment on this.

EDIT: Though, to be honest, I do truly miss this place and you guys all in it. At it? Here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:07 pm 

Bye Zallastris. I don't think I've talked to you once in the past five years, but, you know, it'll be sad to see you and your avatar go. Go on and get a life, you magnificent... college kid.

EDIT: Ajax, I think you are missed, but I'm not sure because I haven't heard anyone talk about you and I can't get on Chat. Maybe.

Last edited by Marcus on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 pm 

Man, this is a real shame. I'm actually going to miss you Zall, good luck in college and life, I really hope you stop by in IRC sometimes, maybe. Although I guess, you know.
Spoiler:
Facebook.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:08 pm 

oh, Ian, you magnificent devil, you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:31 pm 

Popping in and grave-digging real fast.

Wanted to say thanks for being grammar nazis and helping me learn to not type like a moron.

That is all.

EDIT:
This is the reason I logged in today. The guy in the yellow shirt and blue pants resembles somebody.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 pm 

Oh jeez I just noticed this post, why did you have to post this in August, when I wasn't paying attention to the Internet in the slightest?!

While I don't really believe in forum goodbyes, I mean, people are always bound to check Internet every once in a while, the fact that I was mentioned in that post warms my heart. Daww.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:17 pm 

A BBSMAN POST

IS THIS REAL LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:19 pm 

Bye and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:41 am 

IT HASN'T BEEN A YEAR YET SO I'M NOT LATE.
But bye.
Even though I can creep you on Facebook.
Whenever I want.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:41 am 

Now this is just weird

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm 

Man, this thread is like a time machine back to the golden days.